I recently attended the 9th Annual Christmas for Kids Car Show on November 19, 2011 in Concord, NC. It was at the Hendrick Mototsports complex and I thought there would be a lot of sick Camaros in the show… I was right. This Camaro caught my eye within 10 minutes. It was parked 2 rows behind my car and I knew when I first laid eyes on the car, I had to do an article about it!
This 2011 2SS/RS Camaro is owned by Jerry who is a great guy and very easy to talk to. He was eager to share the modifications to his car with me and I ended up talking to him for more than an hour. The mods include:
- Razzi Ground effects
- Zex Nitrous System
- Phantom Grilles
- RK Sports Ram Air Hood with flip forward kit
- MSP Custom Stainless Engine Panels
- GM High Rise Wing
- K&N Air Intake
- 22in Huntington Wheels
- Pirelli Tires
- Flow Master Exhaust System
- Sony Custom Sound System built by Ultimate Audio
- MGP Caliper Covers
- EBC Drilled & Slotted Rotors
- Whelen Strobe Lights
- Custom paint by John Wargo of The Custom Shop (189 booth hours) – 28 colors
- Custom suede interior
Two different companies helped Jerry create this work of art:
The Custom Shop, owned by John Wargo
- in business for 25 years.
- full custom paint work to complete resto mod and protouring
- custom work for General Motors, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, BFGoodrich
- built custom demo cars for Sony and many other high end clients
- located in Flanagan IL (2 hrs South of Chicago)
- located in Lexington, SC
- established in 1992 primarily as a custom car audio shop
- by 2001 they grew info a full custom auto builder
- custom upholstery, wheels, tires, paint, audio & video, suspension, performance etc.
- for them, no build is too large or too small
If you’re looking for professional companies to help transform your Camaro into a work of art, give the guys above a call!